- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup parmesan, finely grated
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 100ml Avocado cooking oil, plus extra for waffle iron
- Make the waffles: Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Pour in parmesan and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk egg yolks, milk and oil together. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- With whisk egg whites until stiff then fold into batter.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease with oil if necessary.
- Ladle in waffle mix and cook as per iron’s instructions. Set waffles aside.
- Sandwich: Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Liberally drizzle with oil.
- Spread beef patties and bacon on the hot barbecue. Turn after 5 minutes, then cook for another 5 minutes. Remove bacon and finish cooking patties until fully cooked through, about another 5 minutes.