500g medium waxy potatoes e.g. Nadine or Perlas
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
Large handful of fresh Superb coriander/thai basil and basil
1 Superb Makrut lime leaf, finely chopped or full (if not chopped, remove before serving)
400g tin coconut milk
500g chicken breast
100g green beans
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1 lime juice and zest
½ tsp chili flakes
Chopped peanuts or cashews: optional to garnish
- Chop potatoes into even bite-sized chunks, place in a medium saucepan of boiling water
and cook for 5 minutes, or till softened, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion for about a minute. Add the curry paste and saute for 2 minutes to release the aromas.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water and let it come to a simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fish sauce and sugar, then add the chicken. Turn the heat down slightly, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Next add the potatoes, green beans, lime zest and juice, Makrut lime and finally mix the
cornflour with 1 tbsp of the sauce from the dish, then stir. Simmer for a final 5-8 minutes til thickened slightly and heated through.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander, basil, thai basil, chili flakes and peanuts/cashews if using.
Enjoy and scroll down for video!