Lentil Roast Chicken Soup
- 1 roast chicken, meat shredded, bones separated for stock
- 2 litres water
- 6 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 bag Wilcox beta bites carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 country chicken soup mix (we love King Soup)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil infused with garlic (we love Olivado)
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ bag Green Kale Salad, roughly chopped (we love The Fresh Grower)
- Sea salt, to taste (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1 pack garlic breads, toasted (we love Giannis)
- To make the tasty soup broth add the chicken bones and carcass, water, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, and half the parsley and thyme to a large soup pot. Pour water. Cover with a lid, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 60 mins.
- Strain, keeping only the stock, then return to the boil.
- Add the chicken soup mix and simmer for 45 minutes, adding boiling water if necessary.
- Add the shredded chicken, kale, the rest of the herbs, lemon juice and avocado and garlic oil, then simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with toasted garlic bread.
Add this recipies ingredients to your basket.
Add All Ingredientsshopping_basket