- Boil and mash potatoes with a little milk, butter and seasoning.Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C. Grease an oven pie dish or cast iron pan.
- Line the bottom of the pie dish with half the mashed potatoes like a pastry case.
- Mix together cooked meat, onion, mixed vegetables, herbs, parsley, nutmeg and tomato sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place meat mixture on top of potato mash in the dish and top with the remaining potato.
- Sprinkle it with cheese, then place bacon rashers across the potato in a lattice pattern.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
Tip; Serve with salad, fresh wholemeal bread or some steamed veges to create a balanced meal.