Dill & Beetroot Salmon Gravlax
- Muslin Cloth
- Cling film
- Food weight (you can use a brick, rock, canned foods etc)
Tip: If you’re using beetroot from the garden, save the leaves for salads and stir fries. They’re packed with iron and are super delicious!
- Combine grated beetroot, salt, sugar, dill, lemon juice and zest, vodka and juniper berries in a large bowl.
- Lay the salmon in a pan lined with muslin cloth, then cover completely with beetroot mix. Wrap in the muslin cloth then cover dish with cling film and place a food weight over the top.
- Place in fridge to cure for 1-3 days. Drain the liquid from the salmon once a day. The salmon should firm up and be stained a beautiful red.
- To serve: Remove cling wrap, cloth and coating. Slice thinly with a sharp knife.
Add this recipies ingredients to your basket.
Add All Ingredientsshopping_basket