- 50g Anchor butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 50g flour
- 1 litre Campbells chicken stock
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small courgettes, thickly sliced
- 1 can creamed corn (400g)-- this is the secret ingredient, so don’t skip it
- 2 Waitoa Chicken breast, cut into chunks
- A handful of Thyme, Oregano and Sage, chopped
- A dash of Anchor cream To Serve
- 2 slices Tip Top white thick cut toast bread, cubed
- Olivado olive oil to shallow fry
- Melt the butter in a large pot and sweat the onion until translucent but not brown.
- Make a roux by stirring in the flour and cook until lightly coloured. Let cool for several minutes.
- Gradually stir in the hot stock. Add the mushrooms, courgettes, carrots, creamed corn, diced chicken breast and mixed herbs.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer for about 30 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in your desired amount of cream, season with cracked pepper and salt, add herbs as desired and serve with croutons.
Add this recipies ingredients to your basket.
Add All Ingredientsshopping_basket