Bacon corn fritters with avocado salsa
Bacon corn fritters:
- 250g thin sliced streaky bacon
- ½ cup self raising flour
- 2 free range eggs
- 300g corn kernels (fresh, thawed from frozen, or canned)
- ⅓ cup coriander, chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper
- avocado cooking oil, for frying
- 2 avocados, scooped & diced
- 3 nectarines or other stone fruit, stone removed & diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the grill to high (230°C). Lay bacon rashers on a lined baking tray and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked and crispy. Set half aside (to serve with corn fritters) and finely chop the other half.
- In a large bowl mix all avocado salsa ingredients together. Season to taste, then set aside.
- For bacon corn fritters: add eggs and half the corn to a blender and blend until smooth (or add to a bowl and use a stick blender). Pour into a large bowl and fold in flour, remaining corn, chopped cooked bacon, coriander and spring onion. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fritters with avocado salsa and extra bacon. Yum!
- For gluten free diets simply swap the flour for gluten free self raising flour.
- The avocado salsa is also delicious on tacos, or served with fish and chicken.
Add this recipies ingredients to your basket.
Add All Ingredientsshopping_basket