Eggs Benedict with Easy Hollandaise Sauce
For the easy Hollandaise sauce
- 4 sourdough buns, sliced in halves and lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 8 slices of Cold Smoked Salmon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 punnet of micro radish
- Make the Hollandaise sauce. Melt the butter in a microwave for about 1 minute until hot. Make sure you do this using a microwave proof jug covered with a plate.
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, salt and cayenne pepper into a blender and blend for 10 seconds.
- Slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture as the blender is running. Pour the sauce into a small jar and set aside
- Make the poached eggs: Bring a deep non stick frying pan of water to boil. Add the vinegar and a generous pinch of salt. Reduce the temperature so the water is simmering. Very gently break the eggs into the water, as close to the water as possible without burning yourself. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the whites are cooked, or to your preference. Remove poached eggs with a slotted spoon then drain on a paper towel and set aside.You may need to poach eggs in batches.
- Split sourdough buns in half, toast and spread with mayonnaise. Arrange on individual serving plates. Top with avocado, smoked salmon, micro radish and poached eggs.
- Smother with Hollandaise sauce, more micro radish as garnish and serve immediately.
Add this recipies ingredients to your basket.
Add All Ingredientsshopping_basket