Barbecue Butterflied Lamb With Grilled Lemon & Herbs
Serve with (optional):
- 1 Pure South Butterflied Lamb Leg (1.1-1.4 kg)
- ¼ cup Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- A handful Mint, roughly chopped
- A handful Oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Apricot jam or marmalade
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Salt & pepper
- Yogurt with mint
- Green salad
- In a large ziplock bag, mix oil, garlic, mint, oregano, jam, and lemon slices. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and place it into the bag. Leave to marinade in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Take the lamb out from the marinade bag and put it on the barbeque, fat-side down. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until browned underneath. Reserve the lemon slices and garlic.
- Turn the lamb and cook covered, for a further 15 minutes for medium rare, or longer as desired. A few minutes before lamb is cooked, add reserved lemon and garlic to barbecue. Transfer the lamb, grilled lemon and garlic to a warm platter, cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve lamb with grilled lemon, garlic, yogurt with mint and a green salad (optional).
Add this recipies ingredients to your basket.
Add All Ingredientsshopping_basket